Pages

27 November 2009

A Plan and Mini Update

Once again, we have a plan of action. Such a relief! So much to be thankful for in this Thanksgiving season...

Janna has a contact who is a CNM (certified nurse midwife) and a CPM (certified professional midwife), and that midwife also works with another combo CNM-CPM midwife. We consulted and had a lovely discussion, and afterward, due to their schedule constraints, they decided I would see each of them at every other visit (Janna will attend every visit). All 3 ladies expressed interest in being at the birth, so Jason and I really feel as though we are getting a "3-for-1" kind of a deal. A few of the details are a bit confusing the way they want to organize it, but overall I am feeling a great sense of peace about our decision. These 2 certified midwives are very experienced in just about every setting imaginable!

I never sit down to stare at the "tube" very often and happened to watch several back-to-back episodes of A Baby Story, which depicts traditional births in a hospital setting. It made me even more confident with our home birth plan.

I am feeling well overall and "Peanut" is moving lots. I can tell she is getting stronger each day. That's right, we're expecting a girl! Part of me is not getting overly excited for a girl as I half expect her to grow that extra appendage that was somehow hiding during the ultrasound.

Zyler is 22 months old and is talking a ton. He tried to repeat just about anything we say, so watch your language! ;-) Sometimes I will ask him to say "hi" to the baby in my belly and he will give my belly a hug. Too precious!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

3 comments:

  1. yay,yay,yay!
    A GIRL! So awesome!
    I am so excited to follow your pregnancy, Paige! You guys are such a great, cute family!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on a baby girl! :)
    So glad you have things set again. Now you can just relax and enjoy your pregnancy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww Paige, I just want to give you a hug!!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Questions? I'd love to hear from you.