Pages

09 December 2009

Heartburn = Baby Has Lots of Hair?

I look forward to finding out if this "Old Wive's Tale" one is true!

I have begun to experience more and more heartburn with this pregnancy. With Zyler, I only had it at night when I lay down, and well into the third trimester.

Some natural remedies that can help (which I have yet to try):
  • raw almonds
  • yogurt
  • spacing out eating and drinking
  • papaya tablets
 Have others to share? It seems to be worse with spicy foods, so I will probably need to watch that.

2 comments:

  1. My sister had terrible heartburn, even Saltines gave it to her! Her daughter was born with a ton of hair! I had it with Adam too and he had lots of hair. No remedy ideas though. It didn't really bother me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well..I've never been pregnant yet.. hopefully one day. I do however know some natural helpers for heartburn..
    Avoid Caffeine
    Avoid Chocolate
    Avoid any kind of Tomato Sauce
    Avoid Milk late at night
    All those things that I listed above cause an excess of stomach acid.. and literally heartburn for some people..
    What you can do is add more Ginger (maybe make some ginger snaps with some real fresh ginger)
    Bananas , Plantains,Carob,Chamomile,Cinnamon , Dill Seed (make a tea , crush some up and steep it and strain the dill seeds out etc..
    Papaya and Pineapple (great enzymes for the tummy).. those are the best things you can add to your diet to help with that.These things I've mentioned help the lining of the stomach Hope it helps!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Questions? I'd love to hear from you.